Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM), Protein Analytics Department 1.5
Key figures / Profile
- scientific and technical federal institute with responsibility to the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Focus Areas: Energy, Infrastructure, Environment, Materials and Analytical Sciences
- partner and service provider for business, government and science
- identify requirements related to safety in technology and chemistry for the society of tomorrow
- provide advice and information, and offer testing, analysis and licensing services
- BAM also provides science-based services for safety-related questions, for example in the form of assessments and expert appraisals, or certified reference materials and round robin tests.
- Development of advanced analytical techniques in the fields of bioanalysis, biotechnology, food, environment, materials, forensics, cultural assets and many others.
- Production and distribution of reference materials in many fields as an accredited reference material producer
- Technology transfer to develop projects in partnership with SME (e.g. tests, licensing processes and conformity assessments)
- Research and Service in the field of Analytical Sciences, covering methods, such as MALDI-TOF/TOF, LC-MS/MS, ESI-HRMS (Orbitrap), SPR, ELISA, Microarrays, Multimode MTP readers, Rapid testing, X-ray methods, High-throughput screening, Antibody development and conjugation