Technische Universität Berlin / Institute of Chemistry / Focus Group "Protein Engineering“
Key figures / Profil
- work on "Protein Engineering" based on the in vivo incorporation of non-canonical amino acids into proteins
- objective: manipulate the protein translation machinery and, thus, the genetic code. This results in new possibilities to engineer and control cellular processes in a chemical way.
- Long-term goals:
- generation of synthetic cellular systems.
- transfer of the enhanced spectrum of the non-canonical to commercial use
- organic synthesis of amino acids
- studies on model peptides
- expression of target proteins in different host organisms