Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology IZI Branch Bioanalytics and Bioprocesses (IZI-BB)
- FhG IZI investigates and develops solutions to specific problems at the interfaces of medicine, life sciences and engineering.
- One of the institute's main tasks: conduct contract research for companies, hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and research institutes operating in the field of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical engineering.
- The Branch Bioanalytics and Bioprocesses (IZI-BB) research focus:
- innovation in the fields of food- and environmental analysis
- drug development
- process engineering.
- IZI-BB unique features in the topics like sensor technology, biotechnological production method, automation and nano- & microsystem technology
- The “Functional Nucleic Acids – Aptamer” unit of IZI-BB:
- generation of DNA- and RNA-aptamers by an automated selection process,
- the synthesis and functionalisation of aptamers
- the integration of aptamers in various applications in analytics and therapeutics
- Biosystem Integration and Process Automation
- Molecular and Cellular Bioanalytics
- Cell-free and Cell-based Bioproduction
- Generation and synthesis of aptamers, plus integration in applications